Thursday, May 7, 2009

Southern 500 Preview

Wow, who could've seen that coming? Kyle Busch won Round 3 of the Junior/Busch Battle, and it was no contest. Busch continues to show that he simply is the best. As for Junior, well, at least his interviews are good.

(excuse me while I go laugh my tail off at the outright falsehood of that last statement)

Anyway, Richmond brought us the most cautions we've seen all year(15). Amazingly, 4 of the top 10 finishers spun out during the course of the race. Looks like last week would've been the perfect time for Little E to spin himself out on purpose(seriously guys, he's done it before, and he was proud of it).

Why am I poking fun at Junior? I don't know, I just feel like it.

So on to one of my favorite tracks on the circuit, Darlington Raceway. The race was renamed the Southern 500 to rekindle some of that old-school feel that the fans have been complaining about losing. But, in my mind, the Southern 500 is run on Labor Day weekend, not Mother's Day weekend.

Anyway, last week I was back on track, correctly identifying 3 top 5ers before the race even began. That's like super powers! Okay, maybe not, especially since the CoT makes my job easy*. This week, I like the Biff to find back his old friend, Darlington Victory Lane:

5. Ryan Newman
4. Kyle Busch
3. Carl Edwards
2. Tony Stewart
1. Greg Biffle

My friends, this is where I leave you once again. Have a Happy Saturday. And to all you Moms(and Grandmas) out there, have a Happy Mother's Day!

*Nothing in life is easy. Omit the preceding statement.

No comments: