Thursday, April 2, 2009

Samsung 500 Preview

Okay, so Martinsville wasn't the best race ever. But at least it wasn't boring like it usually is. In fact, come to think of it, none of the races(except California, by default) have been "boring" this season. They've all had at least some excitement, or at least intermittent caution flags.

While I wasn't too thrilled with the outcome of the race(i.e. the winner), I could not complain. For the first time all year, all 5 of Hopper's picks finished on the lead lap. And, Hopper had 3 correct drivers in his top 5, a season best. Hopper also missed winning by one measly Jimmie Johnson bump. Sigh.

Now, on to Texas. I'd like to predict 10 cautions. And since this is my blog, I will. I'm still waiting on the Junior/Vickers retaliation deal. I don't know whose turn it is, but somebody please hit somebody. Oh, by the way, I finally got my NASCAR '09 game to work. Turns out, the key was to actually play other video games for awhile first, and then put the game I really want to play into the console. The answer always ends up being so simple!

Ok, I can see you're bored. Time for picks:

5.Jeff Gordon
4.Jimmie Johnson
3.Denny Hamlin
2.Carl Edwards
1.Kurt Busch

Kurt will get 'er done this week. And of course, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place drivers all earned themselves a spot based on last week's performance. That's all for this week. Have a Happy Sunday!

Note: The Easter Bunny is coming next week, so no picks! Unless you want me to predict the outcome of the Nationwide race.

No comments: