Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bud Shootout: Let's Go Racin'

Before I begin, let me just extend a warm thanks to all of you who stuck with me through a rough NFL playoffs. Thank goodness that's over(except for the Pro Bowl; NFC will win!).

Now, onto NASCAR season. Saturday night marks the opening exhibition event, the Budweiser Shootout(Saturday 8:00 P.M. EST; FOX). Starting now, I will be guiding y'all through the 2009 season, giving you my thoughts on previous races, and predictions on upcoming ones.

So now begin my predictions for the 75 lap, 28 car affair. I think that there will be a wreck consisting of at least 5 cars(as I will plenty of times throughout the season), and I believe that Darrell Waltrip will refer to Dale Earnhardt Jr. as "Junebug" at least once during Saturday night's telecast. After all, it's been a long time for 'ol DW, and he'll have to nauseate me at least once.

Okay, here is my Top 5 prediction for the Budweiser Shootout:

5. Tony Stewart
4.David Ragan
3.Jeff Gordon
2.Joey Logano(what the heck)
1.AJ Allmendinger

That's right. The driver whose season is on the line in the first 5 races of 2009 will open with a bang. And, oh by the way, that 5+ car crash that I was referring to will be triggered by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Kyle Busch, both of whom will still be mad at each other after a practice crash on Friday afternoon. Have a happy Saturday, and a happy racing season!

No comments: