Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hopper's Super Bowl Pick: Part 1

After another perfect weekend, I was able to improve my glorious playoff record to 9-1(P.S. It's opposite year). Alright, I can tell I'm fooling no one. Let's just discuss what's happened so far this postseason.

Football season was over for me after Wild Card weekend. That's right, my team got burned in the desert(unnecessary bad pun) by the NFC champs. However, my only postseason winner came in the Wild Card round. Granted, it was in overtime, but a win is a win. Oh yeah, the Ravens and Eagles advanced, too.

Over the course of the next week, I saved a ton of money by switching my car insurance to Geico. Then, I lost all of my games as Pittsburgh, Philly, Arizona, and Baltimore all advanced to the next round.

Monday morning I woke up to find that my car had been egged, which apparently Geico doesn't cover(I'm making this all up, just so you know). I then switched to the "Tricked out name tag lady's" car insurance. A guy told me later that week that I had earned him a parking space at Wal-mart because he bet against me and won so much money. I don't care. I shop at Target.

Sunday came. I lost all my games, yet again. The same dude who won all that money came back the next week and told me that he and his family had enough money to live comfortably forever. And he refused to share any with me! This greatly upset me, so yesterday I parked my egged car in his parking space at Wally World. It was towed away, and now I have no car.

Alright, so it's just Pittsburgh and Arizona left. Two teams that are downright nasty. I don't like that it's come to this, but I have to pick one. So, without further ado:



Hopper's 2009 Super Bowl pick is:




Stay tuned for the stunning conclusion next week on: Hopper's Super Bowl Pick: Part 2

No comments: